Skip to main content

This is what having a life looks like!

So I've been complaining recently that I have no life. My life consists of waking up, going to work, getting in late, eat, sleep and repeat. Now I know, I know, most peoples lives are like this but I've never worked so much that my social life and general wellbeing has gone down the pan and my trip to London was the start of me seeing there is more to life than working.

London was truly AMAZING! I love cities and I love London! The busy streets, the hustle and bustle of people shopping, commuting and touring. The truly amazing food from both lavish places and the quaint cafe's. The beautiful scenery and attractions. The list goes on. It is times like these that I realise how much I miss teaching abroad and having these types of experiences on my doorstep.

My amazing time started with taking my mother down to London for her 50th birthday. We enjoyed a relaxed train journey, slightly stressful underground journey (my mother doesn't do crowds). When the room wasn't ready I treated her to lunch and drinks in the Hilton Hotel bar.
  
 



The following day we went to the Palace theatre and watched Harry Potter and the Cursed Child play, its the second time I've seen it but it was my mothers first time watching the astoundingly magical show. I can honestly say I've been to a lot of theatre shows and I've never seen a show that captivated everyone before it even started. A main character came over the speaker telling us to turn off our phones and within a second the whole audience went deadly silent. There was an air of sheer excitement and thus the magical night began. Got to 'Keep the secrets' So no spoilers but it is truly the most magical show I've ever seen. The way they conveyed things thats should not be possible. There are no words.

 



I even made it into a shop dedicated to the graphic designs from the movies. I'm not ashamed to say I geeked out and bought a piece of limited edition artwork. Its off getting framed.

 

Remembrance Sunday arrived we held 2 minutes silence in Foyles book store...my heaven shop! Monday we went to the National history museum.

 



Time to celebrate my mothers birthday and the Hilton were lovely and left champagne, cake and chocolates in our room. Adorable!





Over the weeks off I ate wayyyyyy too much yummy food! and drank wayyyy to many nice drinks.




Visited Busy Bee Studio in Durham, where cuteness and adorableness lives clearly. They even have a pet donkey called Dylan! We fed him rich tea biscuits.


 

Then it was off to Carlisle to visit my friend Leanne and her lovely family. We took little Cooper to a local farm where I discovered I wanted  Pigmy Goat! Cute!



I've chilled out so much but alas its coming to an end. 



Looking back at those photo's I realised how much I've enjoyed my time off and loved seeing friends I don't see normally due to my hectic work schedule.

I've had time to read, draw and sew, I'll be updating the attic soon with a project I'm almost finished.

Today is my last day off and I'm spending it writing this and visiting my Nan, although I do need to go into work and collect my new uniform ready for tomorrow.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to Warsaw!

So I've moved to Warsaw! In the middle of a pandemic. Call it escapism, call it ballsy or even slightly idiotic but I left England behind to move to Poland.  5.5 years after vowing I was sticking to teaching in the UK, I decided life is too short to have a job that doesn't give you that all important work life balance. The life that we all seek, being able to travel or see new things but also earn a living doing something we love. I love teaching but working in the UK, I rarely got time to breathe let alone travel....so off I popped on a plane and well here I am. I waited a few weeks (15 weeks to be precise) before writing about moving. I wanted to wait as, this year isn't just any year, its 2020. Now I know you might hate that phrase, it's 2020, but it is the best description to encompass the chaos that has been this year without going down the negative route. This year has been crazy. SO when I moved here, I didn't know how it would pan out. Would it be like Mosco...

Career Change Up

Exciting, Sad and Scary Times Lie Ahead! So over my 'many' years I've had various jobs, all with their pro's and con's and their highs and lows. I've been a; Disney Store Cast Member (basically got paid to let my Disney fanatic loose), Boots Sales Assistant (selling make-up to stroppy teenagers and medical bits and bobs to cute old people), Assistant in Vue Cinema (got to see films for free and before they came out), Student Ambassador (paid to walk round campus talking about the Uni...easy peasy) and then I graduated and life suddenly became hard. I taught in Moscow, Russia for 3 years, I was about to write beautiful years but that may have been taking it a step too far. They were 3 of the coldest years of my life in winter but beautiful summers. I would recommend St Petersburg to anyone as it was stunning. Teaching abroad really built up my confidence and allowed me to enjoy a travelling lifestyle, visiting places during school holidays. Expat life is AMAZ...

Back into my Sewing Mojo!

So I have recently embarked on a Minerva Crafts monthly sewing project. I needed something to give me a kick up the backside and this certainly did that. Go on over to Minerva Crafts for a looks at my review of the Vogue 9238 Cold Shoulder Top. My trip to London saw me buying illustration provisions and...well this happened! More practice is definitely needed on my croquis and I can see me investing in some illustration pens as my standard pencils just were cutting it. Kind of in love with my new top even if it does make me feel like a diet is on the horizon. Sewing Mojo is back and I've already got a new project on the way! It's going to be a toughie!