Skip to main content

Determination vs Weakness


Determination vs. Weakness

Today I had a bit of bad news and the old Amy would have felt down and then gone and had crisps, chocolate, biscuits or ice cream. Today I am going to admit, I did get rather down trodden and very emotional, my poor dog had to deal with me all afternoon. However! I did not resort to junk food. I made a choice to stick to plan. I did go to Mcdonald's and order a chicken and bacon salad (only 1.5 syns without dressing or 4.5 syns with Caesar dressing) I have become one of those people who go to Mcdonald's and orders a salad and I felt good...well as good as I could. Don't judge the trip to Mcdonald's...tomorrow is grocery shopping day, my cupboards are bare and my fridge is empty. I have used my syn allowance for the day but on three separately portioned out items so I don't feel bad.

I am however upset with myself for not hitting the gym since Saturday....that's a week tomorrow. I am definitely going tomorrow. Today would have been a good day to go and battle it out at the gym to release my frustrations but I wasn't sure I would be able to hold my emotions in and no one wants to see and crying, sniffling wreck on the floor of the gym.

I think this is a wake up call for me. Time to start putting me first, thinking about me, putting the best me forward. I've been lazing around the house, enjoying my free time, visiting friends and family whenever I wanted and now I need to keep active...I'm going insane.

Plan of action: Hit the gym everyday for at least 30mins if not an hour...except Tuesdays as they are weigh in days and I think you weigh more due to your muscles holding onto the water and lactic acid (probably should stretch more). I am going to push myself and break down that barrier that we all have inside us.

My number one fear is the fear of failure. You can't fail if you don't try. I have tried so many different diets and supplements and playing with weight loss since I was 18. I need to realise, yes its gonna be hard, hell yeah its gonna be painful and wow am I going to ache and sweat but eventually I'll get passed that point of telling myself 'I can't do it, it's too hard or I'm giving it my best shot' while not even breaking a proper sweat. I'm going to sweat and push myself as far as I can. 

Step 1: Make a workout play list that I can focus on during the pain! (slight procrastination I know)
Step 2: Layout my gym gear so it's ready and there when I wake up.
Step 3: Light great snack before the gym and brekky after.
Step 4: Limit the amount of time playing on iPad, iPhone and watching TV.
Step 5: Keep active...housework, walking the dog, volunteering and hobbies...plenty to do.

Watch this space. Hopefully I will be back soon to report on my barrier mission.

Oh new things for the day: Stuffed peppers and courgettes, totally yummy!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving to Warsaw!

So I've moved to Warsaw! In the middle of a pandemic. Call it escapism, call it ballsy or even slightly idiotic but I left England behind to move to Poland.  5.5 years after vowing I was sticking to teaching in the UK, I decided life is too short to have a job that doesn't give you that all important work life balance. The life that we all seek, being able to travel or see new things but also earn a living doing something we love. I love teaching but working in the UK, I rarely got time to breathe let alone travel....so off I popped on a plane and well here I am. I waited a few weeks (15 weeks to be precise) before writing about moving. I wanted to wait as, this year isn't just any year, its 2020. Now I know you might hate that phrase, it's 2020, but it is the best description to encompass the chaos that has been this year without going down the negative route. This year has been crazy. SO when I moved here, I didn't know how it would pan out. Would it be like Mosco...

Career Change Up

Exciting, Sad and Scary Times Lie Ahead! So over my 'many' years I've had various jobs, all with their pro's and con's and their highs and lows. I've been a; Disney Store Cast Member (basically got paid to let my Disney fanatic loose), Boots Sales Assistant (selling make-up to stroppy teenagers and medical bits and bobs to cute old people), Assistant in Vue Cinema (got to see films for free and before they came out), Student Ambassador (paid to walk round campus talking about the Uni...easy peasy) and then I graduated and life suddenly became hard. I taught in Moscow, Russia for 3 years, I was about to write beautiful years but that may have been taking it a step too far. They were 3 of the coldest years of my life in winter but beautiful summers. I would recommend St Petersburg to anyone as it was stunning. Teaching abroad really built up my confidence and allowed me to enjoy a travelling lifestyle, visiting places during school holidays. Expat life is AMAZ...

Back into my Sewing Mojo!

So I have recently embarked on a Minerva Crafts monthly sewing project. I needed something to give me a kick up the backside and this certainly did that. Go on over to Minerva Crafts for a looks at my review of the Vogue 9238 Cold Shoulder Top. My trip to London saw me buying illustration provisions and...well this happened! More practice is definitely needed on my croquis and I can see me investing in some illustration pens as my standard pencils just were cutting it. Kind of in love with my new top even if it does make me feel like a diet is on the horizon. Sewing Mojo is back and I've already got a new project on the way! It's going to be a toughie!